Monday, June 27, 2011

Checkerboard Table WIP

This week is a pretty busy week for us, so I am not sure how much I will be getting done. So I thought I would share what I have been working on. Now the chairs are not done yet... I haven't decided what exactly I am doing with them... and I have a few other things I plan on adding to this space. We have this window in our Family room... and its been sort of a dead spot in the room. Jerry and I like to play card games... (yep.. just the two of us) .. we like to play scrabble.. and yes checkers. So I thought this would be a great spot for us to add a little table and chairs. I came across this beat up table at the Goodwill and picked it up for 6 bucks.. stained it (not an amazing job) so then I painted over and distressed. I had painted the checkerboard using painters tape to create the squares... sanded them down to fade it... added stain over the top of the table.. and I like the way it turned out. I have some wooden disks I bought for memory games for Maddux's party... of course they were a lot smaller than what I was imagining.... so this table is also a good use for those.
So even though this table as the checkerboard pattern painted on... I think this will be a great small area for me and Jer to set up a game of scrabble every once in a while...
Final touches coming soon... Cant wait for this room to turn out how I am imagining...

Here's a quick preview....




To be continued....



211. Scrabble
212. Cherry Coke
213. Cropped Jeans
214. 1st summer tans of the year

7 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea and yours looks great!!

    We are hosting a link party called “Help a Momma Out” on our blog today! This would be an awesome link up! Please feel free to add it! Or any others you think will "help a momma out" We appreciate it! Have a great day!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/help-momma-out-party-link-up-june-28th.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is AWESOME!! my mom and little brother did this once when i was young, and we still have the table and use it all the time! :) such a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU Fawn for linking up! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that came out so cute! love the apron and legs on it, too- they give it a little edge i think. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned out super cute! I made one out of one of our old end tables this spring and it has been a huge hit around here. I cut my pieces out of a scrap board I had lying around. I wanted them to be big since my squares ended up being a little over 2.5" in size. It actually worked out well because they are nice and chunky and even my smallest nephew can handle them easily. Using a band saw to cut them out made it a breeze. Love your table, and like so many of your other projects, it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly what I need to make for my kids they would LOVE it! Thanks for the inspiration,Im your newest follower:) deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved