Thursday, December 15, 2011

Embrace The Camera

I have been missing out on these... Moving took over my life for a while there...
But I am slowly starting to get back to normal.

Hopefully I can keep up with these posts more often going forward!

This past week my little dude turned 2. I do not understand how time just seems to go faster every year. But it does. He still didn't care about games or presents at his birthday party... I had to force him to open gifts. Then I was like speed opening trying to keep his attention.... ugh. Thinking about it... still stresses me out. However at his birthday party ... his favorite part was chasing his cousin Alyssa with a toy snake... and when she got tired of that game.... he decided to go up to guests and make the snake "roar" at them. And this was all he cared about :) If you could understand the jabbering.. and you asked him what the best part of the day was... I am pretty sure the toy snakes would be up there with eating the endless amounts of sugar.

You can read more about the birthday party {HERE}

On his actual birthday... we took him to see Santa... Cracker Barrel for dinner (he loves Cracker Barrel)... and then we made a gingerbread house when we got home.
I wasn't sure how this was going to go over... if he would be into it or not.
I am so happy that he loved making it. He had a blast.
He loved eating the icing and the sprinkles :)
He would put a piece of candy on and make sure to grab a chunk of that pasty sugary icing to eat.
I am surprised he did not have a stomach ache... 
But he loved it. 
And he loves pointing to it every day (he is probably telling me he wants to eat it)  
I am excited this will be a tradition we do every year....




Don't mind the messiness... we are still moving in.
It has been a process.
and cleaning the windows has not been the top priority.
don't scroll up to see what I am talking about.

I am linking up with Emily for Embrace The Camera



3 comments:

  1. completely LOVE this. i have all the gingerbread stuffs in the our house. need to do it with hubs tonight!! thanks for the reminder.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! We are waiting for Grandma to get here to do our gingerbread houses. She remembers it very well from last year when she was 2. She is so excited and it is such a fun new tradition!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved