Monday, May 6, 2013

Mothers Day - DIY Gift Ideas #1

This week I thought I would share with you a few DIY mothers day gifts.

I found this post on Shanty 2 Chic and thought this would be the perfect gift for Aunt Mary. She would just love this print.

I love how she used her print along with a few photos. Which was adorable.

However... I was looking for just a print to frame. So I decided to use this.







This could easily work for your mom or sister... (different prints are available on that link)
I love the chalkboard prints. And the quote itself.

Also for Aunt Mary - she always loves my butterfly art that I did for the gallery wall shown Here

She asked me to make her one... but with butterflies of all different colors. Well I was in Michaels the other day... and I found a very simple solution.

I grabbed a shadow box and some butterflies I found in the floral section of the store



So this project literally took minutes.

I cut the scrapbook paper to fit inside the 8x8 frame. and hot glued the butterflies onto the paper, while drinking coffee (obviously no project is complete without a giant cup of coffee)



Then slipped that paper into the frame...

and 2 projects done for mothers day in less than 30 minutes :)





I will be sharing a few other mothers day gift ideas this week.


Are you DIYing it for Mothers Day gifts this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved