Sunday, August 19, 2012

Entertainment Center... A Craigslist Score!

There is this gigantic nook in my living room. Which kind of made the living room awkward. It was one of the things I hated most about the house when we bought it. But then I thought... well maybe I can build an entertainment enter there so it looks custom built... and then I would just stare at this gigantic nook... and no part of me wanted to start building that. I thought it was too big of a project for me.

And then came CraigsList to the rescue. I seriously do now what I would do without craigslist. Craigslist is perfect for people like me. I am too lazy on the weekends to get to garage sales that early n the morning to see the good stuff.. So garage saleing... rarely works in my favor. But Craigslist... allows me to be lazy...and still get stuff I want

When I first got this entertainment center... it was wood.. and honestly nothing wrong with it. But I didn't like the color of it. So ... of course... I painted it white.
Did I mention this thing was 10 feet long...which almost fit that nook perfectly in my living room? I a telling you... this was meant to be.

It had glass shelving in it... which was a little dated so I replaced those with wood shelves... which helped a lot.

I am really in love with this center now... I do need a bigger tv. Once I get a bigger tv it will look more proportioned... but that will probably have to wait a few months....

Here is the closest thing I have to a before picture.... I had already started painting and realized... Oh shoot... I need a before shot! :)  (don't mind all that mess... )



And here is the after...













I think once we get a larger tv and hang it in the middle of that space on the wall. the whole thing will look a lot better!

What do you think?
Have you found any amazing deals on Craigslist?
Or do you actually wake up early enough to get the good garage sale finds?










3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love Craig's List, too. Can you share what your wall color is here? It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! And you made it your by painting it such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that is aMAZing! it looks sooo much better this color, and yes, with the big tv it would be perfect. i love all your styling, too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved