Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Striped Hall Update

I might have a mild obsession with Gallery Walls....Might.
I can't help it though... I am obsessed with photos. And I love ways to display as many photos as possible. I don't want to replace photos with newer ones. Sure, this is going to happen at one point or another but some pictures you want displayed. So the more options I have the better!

So Gallery walls... make me happy. I like to see all the photos that I love in one place.
Every time I walk by... I stop and look at them... and they simply make me smile. I love it.

Our wedding photos... have been taken down and replaced by the 1000 photos I have of Maddux. Which was perfectly fine with me. But then I was thinking one day.... we have that striped hallway right outside our bedroom... and that might be the perfect place to display our wedding photos. Have a wall dedicated to Jer and Me.  So after taking my photos... messing around with them a bit.
Here is what I came up with.





A lot of these came from the gallery wall at our old house.
I put up wedding photos... and engagement photos
the key art I made of the cities we lived in
the fortune cookie ... that makes us laugh
a print of the lyrics to our first dance song
One of my favorite prints that says "a beautiful thing is never perfect"
a wooden heart
pretty butterfly shadow box
and the snowflake pin I wore on our wedding day (that my grandpa gave me) I attached it to burlap on an embroidery hoop. 
I love how the gallery wall looks against the striped wall :) 


Linked up atFinding Fabulous
and Tatertots and Jello

 UndertheTableandDreaming

The Shabby Nest


 

19 comments:

  1. This looks great, Fawn! I just linked to this post from my facebook fan page (facebook.com/jennasuedesign) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the whole wall is dedicated to you and your husband... such a lovely idea. The letters and special items add so much more to the display too... and the stripes are fabulous... you've got me thinking of adding some around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gallery wall!! I have an obsession, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gallery walls too - I don't think you can ever have enough of them!

    Yours is beautiful. I love that it's just about you and your husband - I need to do something personal like this for us, too. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fawn! Is it ok that I pinned your gallery wall on Pinterest? I just realized that I should have asked for your permission before doing so! If it's not okay with you, please let me know and I'll remove it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get the letters?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary - I cant find a way to respond to you. So hopefully you check back and see this. I actually bought the letters from Hobby Lobby they were gold. I spay painted them with oil rubbed bronze. hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I love this wall! Where did you get "your song" printed?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. I have been collecting sayings and pictures to do something like this in my master bedroom and this will give me a good visual to start from.

    Kelly @ the creative chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! My hubby & I have been married for over 2 years now and our wedding pictures have been slowing taken over but it's so important to have that reminder of the day we vowed our love to each other. Thanks for this great idea!!
    Also, LOVE your blog!
    God Bless,
    Cortney
    http://greaterplan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome idea! My husband and I have been married for about 9 months - I'm thinking my goal should be to do something like this before our anniversary! Thanks for the inspiration :) -Ashley

    rainstormsandlovenotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to do this! Following you now. I'd love for you to come link up to our party where we can show off all of our old or new projects! :)
    a href="http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/03/an-oldie-but-goodie-10.html - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinning! My gallery wall needs some help! Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it. Can you tell me what kind/color paint you used?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Can you tell me what kind/color paint you used?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic idea!! Will definitely be doing something like this for us :) Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic idea!! Will definitely be doing something like this for us :) Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved