Friday, May 11, 2012

Dining Room

Our dining room is a gigantic work in progress. This room needs so much work it is crazy. I do have big plans though... but sadly big plans usually require big money so this room will take some time for it to look exactly how I want.

I fell in love with this table from Pottery Barn

But the table was about 800 bucks... and I don't really have that kind of money for a table...

So my mom and step dad were kind enough to surprise me at Christmas... and they build a version of this table! :) Which I love. It looks awesome!

I took a trip to Ikea this weekend and picked up some shelves... so i could attach some wine glass holders and create a bar-ish area in our dining room. I picked out bright green... i figure I always stick to white... and wanted to try something new. I am not 100% sold on them yet... but we will see if they grow on me.

I still need to fill up the bottom of the table... and probably do some rearranging on the shelves and what not.... but as of today... here is how it looks...
I still need to get the framed maps on the wall... and pick up a few things for the shelves... but who knows how long it will take me to find stuff I like :)

Ps. the plans for this table came from Ana-White. The girl is amazing :)













Didn't they do a great job on the table? I love it.

I'm currently stalking Pottery Barn for the next replica piece of furniture they can build me ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love that table! I can't believe they made it!! Wow! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is funny because this is the first time that I saw the original table from Pottery Barn....Ana Whites plans copied it well. Glad you love it

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved