Monday, June 13, 2011

Vintage Frame Necklace Holder

So last fall I received this pretty vintage frame from Pam (Our daycare provider)... I loved it but I had a hard time deciding what to do with it... I thought maybe a magnetic chalkboard.... maybe a jewelry holder.... and kept going back and forth between the two.... and this past weekend I finally made a decision... with some help from Lauren.
And so this past weekend... it took... maybe a total of an hour all together... and we made a necklace hanger.
I painted the frame with Rustoleum Spray paint, in Jade. Took some dark stain I had on hand and put all over and lightly wiped off. Then on the took some brown crackle paint and painted the plain strip around the frame... I thought the cracked paint would add to the antique feel of it.
Overall I really like it. And I needed this badly. I don't wear much jewelry I stick to the same pieces 90% of the time... but I usually throw them in my jewelry box... then they get tangled... then never worn. So this is amazing. Plus! this might encourage Jerry to buy me a few more pieces... I have a few pinned on pinterest honey (hint, hint)
All it takes is a pretty open frame you like... and those cheap hooks... paint your frame...drill your hooks and voila.... its like accessory art :)






UndertheTableandDreaming


196. Maddux's Cookie Monster voice imitation (its amazing)
197. Queso Dip
198. Catching up with old friends via facebook (its amazing who you can find on there)
199. New sheets
200. My husbands farmer tan... l.o.v.e.

3 comments:

  1. What a cool look! The Jade color works so well. Amazing job and thank you so much for using Rust-Oleum to build your project.

    - Rust-Oleum Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely gorgeous!! you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful- I might need to steal this idea- adding a link to my pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved