Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Open Shelves

When we re-did the kitchen this past year... I love so much about it. But I am still tweaking a few things here and there.... Figuring it out as we go.

I opened up a few cabinets in our kitchen when we painted it this Spring. And I love having the two open cabinets but I always thought... they just didn't look right.



So I let it be for a few months. Looked up Pinterest photos of kitchens with the same shelving... and thought. There's looks fine... why don't I like mine?

Well I figured out.. that I thought they would look like they were meant to be open if i thickened up the shelves a bit.

So I took some 1x2s nailed them onto the front. painted and caulked... and voila.

My built in cabinets got beefed up quite a bit and I am a heck of a lot happier.

So a quick 3 dollar upgrade in the kitchen that made a huge impact (for me at least).







And one of my favorite Xmas gifts... My Pig utensil holder. He is adorable :)


I have quite a few kitchen updates coming up soon. A lot of small changes. Can't wait to finish them up and share them.... A lot of really cheap simple updates... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved