Thursday, March 20, 2014

Celebrating 32...

This coming week... I am embracing the age of 32.I use to hate birthdays... but with maturity I am realizing I should embrace them. Getting older is a gift. So I thought I would share some wisdom  randomness that I have learned in my time on this planet.Enjoy.

1. Family is everything. Spending more time with my family has become more important to me in the past 5 years than I could have imagined. When it comes down to it.... they are there for you 100% on your side... even if you are wrong. Love them unconditionally in return.

2. Travel more. I always have excuses on other things I could spend my money on. But I am at a point where I realize... I will regret not traveling more now. So... I need to suck it up and just buy that plane ticket more often :)

3. Make time to play. With working and coming home I am overwhelmed sometimes at the things that need to get done. And I have realized to put that all aside... and play. Make the time to play. Get on the floor play action figures... put on costumes .. run around the house like crazy... and just play.

4. Always tell people how you feel. You can never say I love you too much. Never too much.

5. Drinking too much coffee will never be my biggest problem. In fact... I should drink more.Coffee makes me happy. I should never deprive myself of happiness.

6. My best friend is my saving grace. It is the truest form of a relationship I have. She listens to me and loves me unconditionally. If I have a problem. she makes it her problem so we can get through it together and vice versa. Its honest... and I am thankful I have her in my life. 

7. Absence does not make the heart grow fonder. Absence makes the heart grow independent.

8.Do things that make you happy. Regardless of what anyone else thinks. Make yourself happy.

9. My mom is actually.... always right. Maybe not always right. but I should listen to her a little bit more. She actually does know what she is talking about :)

10. I might not ever know what I want to be when I grow up, and that's okay. I have figured out a lot about myself while searching for this answer. And that's fine too.

11. It's okay to define the kind of mom you are as you go along. No one has all the answers. We are all just doing our best... and I might change my idea of what is best from time to time

12. Keep learning. Never stop taking classes. Learn new things. 

13. Choose Happy. There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy

14. Being kind to strangers is always a good idea. 

15. I will always idolize my little sister. No matter how old we get. She will always carry such fearless characteristics that I adore and will always be inspired by.
And by far the funniest person on this planet.

16. When stressed... turning up the music and dancing for 30 minutes... will always make me feel better. Every single time.

17. You can never be overdressed. Never.

18. Kids are imaginative, hilarious, and creative.  Let them dress the way they want and give them freedom when they are young. Let their personalities shine.
Let them where that Halloween costume all summer. They are only this young and carefree for a short time.

19. Perfection is boring. Be weird

20. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat a waiter.

21. Birthdays are special. Celebrate them.

22. Always make time to go on dates. It's easy to lose yourself in parenting... and responsibilities. But make the time to take a step back from that and go on dates.
Romance is important

23. Believe in Miracles. Always. 

24. You can never have too many photos. Take pictures. Constantly

25. Smile. :)


Looking forward to another year filled with laughter. Bring it on 32.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved