Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dining Room Bench

And finally I got around to tackling the dining room bench to go with the table we redid a few months ago. (still working on those chairs though... man I am dragging this out!)
I used Ana's Modern Farm Bench plans you can find here

We bought the wood... cut it to the sizes she specified.... and followed her assembly directions to a T. Now I can tell you I thought all of my boards were straight. I checked them... Checked them again. while building i found out they are not perfectly straight. (sigh) but I am still learning. So I will have imperfections here and there. the important thing is.... It looks good! and if I sit on it... it doesn't break. So Mission Accomplished.

Here she is sitting nicely with the table in our current dining room.





I was going to cover the screws... but decided I liked them. Maybe I am just lazy :)
Don't mind the random chairs. This is still a work in progress and we are getting ready to move... so life is a mess.  But I really love this bench.... and it was easy to build!

If you haven't checked out Ana-White yet... You need to. The girl is nothing less than amazing!

Thanks for taking a look!
UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved