Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lindsey's Snippets of Home


I asked an old friend Lindsey if she wouldn't mind sharing some snippets of home on the blog. Now, I have never been to her home... but I do know her and I just knew her home was adorable. And her photos proved exactly that.

This is Lindsey and her beautiful family.


Gorgeous family right? I mean seriously... Adorable.

Lindsey is a photographer in the Charleston/Mattoon Area if you are around there check out her facebook page 

So here are some snippets of their home... and it is gorgeous :)

Lindsey found the table on Craigslist. It was originally a honey oak table... that she stripped the top... sanded... distressed... sanded some more... stained...painted... distressed some more... and polyed. The table is beautiful. She is still looking for a small buffet or sideboard to go under the two photos.




The pictures of the fireplace/mantel are decorated with a bunting that she made, orange twinkle lights, gold mercury glass candle holders, subway art, wreath with burlap bow, and other fall odds and ends.







Her playroom is adorable. I love the yellow and grey striped wall filled with book shelves and art . Behind the play table she has hooks that spell out their last name holding buckets of art supplies. I also love that she the way she turned the ikea shelving units to hold all the books.







The pictures below are of her daughter Willow's room which has a lot of handmade or pinterest inspired projects. Lindsey made the button "W" hanging above her changing table and she also made the bow holder from an old frame from a resale shop. She painted it, put board and burlap behind it, and then added different ribbons and bows. She has a huge canvas of Willow, hanging above her crib ... which is adorable. 






The picture of the 3 wooden pumpkins are pumpkins that her Step dad made out of wood and her Mom painted/distressed and decorated.  which I adore. Aren't these neat????



And this last photo is of the tops of her kitchen cabinets. I love that Mercury glass pumpkin. 


What was your favorite part? The mantle bunting?? The dining room chairs?? The adorable playroom?

I think I am still admiring those dining room chairs... mostly because this is a decision I am finding difficult right now. Or those handmade pumpkins... I cannot get over how unique those are!

Lindsey thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home.
And any Charleson/Mattoon/Tuscola area people please check out her photography page. She is amazing.

**Are you interested in sharing snippets of home? Or a project you completed? A craft? or an entire room makeover? A birthday party? I would love to show off your creativity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved