Monday, September 8, 2014

Simple Fall Centerpiece.

I love decorating the house for fall. It's something about the coziness that comes along with it.

Stained dark wood
Pumpkins
Candles
leaves...

Something so simple... that only takes a few minutes to throw together... makes such a statement :)







This box was so easily created with a bunch of scrap 1x4's.
Mine is 6 foot long. I mix Dark walnut and grey stain together to come up with the finish.
I also bang up the wood a bit before staining these, by hitting it with a hammer.. or running nails along it... something to give it that worn in look.
Pumpkins were purchased at the dollar store.
Battery candles came from TJ Max.
And the garland of leaves... came from my basement. I thin originally I might have grabbed it at Michael's.

Not bad for the grand total being under 25 dollars (and the candles were 15 of that)
Luckily... something like this is so easy to swap out for Christmas.

What is your favorite holiday to decorate for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved