Tuesday, April 10, 2012

All dressered up....

I wish I had a before photo.
I do have one. However... it is on my Mac. And my Mac died. So therefore... no before photo.

This dresser came out of my grandmas basement and originally was my great grandparents.... It has been in the basement for years... so when I got it... it needed some TLC

Our bedroom furniture is white... so it was an easy decision on what to do with it.
It came with a plain rectangle mirror... but I bought the mirror that is in the photo from a garage sale a few years back for a buck. and I love it.

So theres not a whole lot of explaining that needs to go into this blog post.
I primed and painted the dresser and mirror.
Then gave the hardware a few coats of oil rubbed bronze spray paint... and she was a pretty little lady :)

Don't mind that stray cable cord hanging out... i need to remove it... but haven't had the chance to do so yet.

Just picture it before... all scuffed up and sad... living in an old basement...

And now here she is






And a few of my favorite things on the dresser... a couple of jewelry boxes from TJ Max. The clear ones holds a few things my grandfather has given me over the years... and the giraffe holds onto my rings.. ahhh i love it! :) Julie the Giraffe.

So my bedroom finally has a dresser that matches the rest of the furniture. Finally!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't believe you got the mirror for $1!! I'm a bit jealous I didn't find it first ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved